1 1/2 -2 lbs. bone in rib eye steak
1/4 cup blended oil
fresh ground black pepper
4 egg yolks
2 tsp.fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. tarragon vinegar
2 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon
1 tbsp. minced shallots
1 cup hot melted butter
1 pinch cayenne
1. Dry the steak on a towel.
2. Place the oil in a pan bigger than the steak. Lightly coat the steak with oil and season with the salt and pepper.
3. Place on a hot part of the grill and proceed to char/grill. When charred, flip the meat over onto another hot part of the grill and repeat the process. Length of time on the grill depends on thickness of the cut.
4. When finished, allow the meat to rest for 4 to 6 minutes before slicing. A quick return to the grill to sizzle the surface may be done before slicing.
1. Saute the shallots in a small amount of the clarified butter until tender, but with no coloring. Add the tarragon vinegar and tarragon. Remove from heat.
2. Place egg yolks, 1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice and shallot-tarragon mixture in a blender and pulse. Turn blender on maximum speed and incorporate the hot butter in a steady stream. Finish with remaining lemon juice.
3. Season with salt to taste. Serve with steaks.