Celebrate the 20th anniversary of Grand Central’s retail redevelopment with throwback pricing & special events!
Join us on Monday, October 1st as we celebrate 20 years renewed with 1998 prices at Grand Central’s shops and restaurants, free Grand Central Rubik’s Cube® giveaways, and a music series featuring ’90s cover bands during your morning commute. BYO nostalgia!
Pick up a free Grand Central Rubik’s Cube®
Starting at 7:30am at one of the following locations:
- Vanderbilt Hall
- Station Master’s Office, near Track 37
- Graybar Passage, near Track 11
- Lexington Passage, near the subway entrance and Moleskine
- 42nd Street Passage, near Track 19
- 42nd Street Passage, near the subway entrance and Financier Patisserie
While supplies last. Limit one per person.
Enter to Win a Grand Central Prize Pack!
Sign up for our weekly email and be entered to win a Grand Central Prize Pack! Visit a Grand Central Rubik’s Cube® giveaways location (listed above) to enter!
Prize pack includes:
- Grand Central backpack
- $10 Gift Card to Bien Cuit
- Corkscrew and 20% Off Coupon from Central Cellars
- Watch strap from Central Watch
- Jar of Homemade Tomato Sauce from Ceriello Fine Foods
- NY Collection from Jacques Torres Chocolate
- Special edition anniversary tote and magnet from New York Transit Museum
- $20 Gift Card to Pescatore Seafood Co.
- Sonny Angel Blind Box and Novelty Socks from PIQ
1998 Pricing from Participating Merchants
Enjoy throwback pricing from 1998 (discounted approximately 35%)!
Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwich: $6 (originally $11)
12 oz cup of brewed coffee: $1.75
Cosmopolitan, Old Fashioned, Gin Martini, Margarita: $11.70
Red Wine 2014 Chateau Bonadona Ventoux Rhone Valley France
Red Blend: $13.96 (originally $19.94)
White Wine 2014 Cambria Santa Maria California
Chardonnay: $13.96 (originally $19.94)
Sparkling Masottina Prosecco from Italy: $17.46 (originally $24.94)
BLT: $5+tax (originally $7.95)
$9.95 batteries (up to $25 value)
USDA Prime Dry Aged NY Strip Steaks: $18.99/lb
Free 10ml fragrances to the first 20 customers (store opens at 8 am)
Yeast doughnut seasonal specials: Apple Cinnamon and
Banana Pecan: $2 each
In 1998, Doughnut Plant had only been in business for 4 years and only making yeast doughnuts. They were the first to mix fresh fruit and nuts in a doughnut glaze.
New Yorker: $2.75+tax (originally $4.45)
All beef hot dog with caramelized onions, sauerkraut, and brown mustard on a potato bun
New York Cheesecake slice: $5.50
Small soup for 98¢ with any purchase
Shoe Shines: $3 (+ gratuity)
Legendary Fudge: $2.44 per piece (originally $3.75)
New York City Notebook: $13.37 (originally $19.95)
Brillat Savarin French Triple-Creme cheese: $18.99/lb
Complimentary 1/4lb. ballotin box of assorted Belgian chocolate pralines to the first 20 customers ($16.50 value; store opens at 8 am)
Canadian Salmon Fillet: $12.99/lb (originally $21.99/lb)
Scented Macaron Zippered Coin Purses, Assorted Flavors: $2.99 (originally $8.95)
30% off Chirashi Bowls, California Rolls, and Crazy Rolls
Zaro’s Chocolate Chip Cookie: $2.44 (originally $3.75)
1990s Cover Bands
Live music provided by MTA Music 7:30 am–9:30 am:
- Vanderbilt Hall: Receta Secreta playing 1990s Ska & Pop on sax, guitar, and cajon
- Graybar Passage (near Track 11): West Village Quartet playing 1990s Pop on strings
- Lower Level Info Booth: Gabriel Aldort playing 1990s Pop on keyboard and vocals
Visit the “Saving Grand Central Terminal” Exhibit
Open through Friday, October 5th in Vanderbilt Hall
Event details subject to change. While supplies last. Limit 1 per person. Check this page for the most up-to-date information on the event.
Rubik’s Cube® used by permission of Rubik’s Brand Ltd www.rubiks.com
Monday, October 1, 2018
Grand Central Shops & Restaurants
Grand Central Terminal
89 E 42nd Street
New York, NY 10017