“Shanghai Flavor” Exhibition in Vanderbilt Hall
Head to Vanderbilt Hall January 10–11 for a special exhibition themed “Chinese New Year.” It features the intangible cultural heritage of Shanghai and will present New York citizens with a wonderful cultural feast.
The event consists of three parts:
- Intangible cultural heritage of Shanghai: Skilled craftsmen will show the splendor of Shanghai’s intangible cultural heritage, including paper tearing, paper cutting, dough modeling, Peking opera facial masks, relief art made from cans, Chinese knots, and dragon and phoenix calligraphy painting. Visitors can have a 3D experience with Chinese craftsmanship through AR technology.
- Taste of Shanghai: Cooked with techniques that are recognized as intangible cultural heritage of Shanghai, traditional Shanghai snacks and Shanghai cuisine like xiaolongbao (steamed soup dumplings) will be displayed.
- Photo exhibition: Photos portraying Shanghai’s intangible cultural heritage will be exhibited throughout the venue, echoing the Shanghai-style decoration of the exhibition hall, so as to get visitors fully immersed in the event.
Shanghai Week is hosted by:
- Shanghai Municipal Administration of Culture, Radio, Film & TV
- Foreign Affairs Office of the Shanghai Municipal People’s Government
- Information Office of Shanghai Municipality
- Consulate General of the People’s Republic of China in New York
Shanghai Week is organized by:
- Shanghai Orient Webcasting Co., Ltd.
Wednesday, January 10, 2018 -
Thursday, January 11, 2018
10:00am - 3:00pm
Grand Central Terminal
89 E 42nd Street
New York, NY 10017