Grand Central Terminal continues to resume operations in accordance with New York State’s phased reopening of business.
All employees, customers and visitors passing through Grand Central are required to wear face coverings while they are in the Terminal and on trains, unless it is medically feasible not to do so. Violators are subject to a $50 fine and may be removed from facility or train.
We have put into place protocols to keep our customers, visitors and employees safe and healthy while at Grand Central Terminal. These protocols are detailed further down this page
Keep checking back for the latest information and updates about the Terminal and our shops and restaurants.
STATUS OF OUR SHOPS & RESTAURANTS
Our shops, cafes, restaurants are beginning to reopen in accordance with the New York State phased reopening of businesses guidelines. From our fashion, lifestyle and beauty stores to our delicatessens, bakers and liquor stores, each one is ready or will soon be ready to welcome you back. Click below for the latest operating status of our stores and restaurants.
LOWER LEVEL DINING CONCOURSE
Central Market New York, Frankies on the Go, Hale & Hearty, Magnolia Bakery, and Prova Pizzabar are open for take-out and delivery.
The Dining Concourse has a dedicated area for the indoor consumption of food and drink, operating in accordance with current New York State Indoor Dining mandates.
Here is how to safely enjoy the dedicated dining area:
- The area is open between 11am and 3pm every day.
- Your temperature will be taken, and for contact tracing purposes, 1 person from each customer party must provide their full name, address, and phone number.
- A face covering, or mask is required unless eating or drinking.
- Please maintain a distance of at least 6 feet in all directions.
- Joining or otherwise moving tables is not allowed.
- Seating is prioritized for elderly, pregnant, and disabled persons.
- The Dining Concourse, including this dining area, is regularly cleaned with advanced sanitation protocols.
We look forward safely welcoming you back to indoor dining at Grand Central!
SAFE SOCIAL DISTANCING
We request customers social distance by 6 -feet or more where possible in and around the Terminal. To assist, floor decals indicating safe social distancing have been placed across the Terminal including at the Information Booth, the Station Master’s Office, at any open ticket window, at Ticket Vending Machines and at restroom entrances.
Everyone entering Grand Central Terminal must wear a face mask or covering unless it is medically not feasible to do so.
All pedestrian entrances to and from the Terminal are open, although some are only open at certain hours, either listed below or posted inside the Terminal.
- 105 East 42nd Street (Subway)*
- Vanderbilt Avenue & 42nd Street
- MetLife Building
- Graybar Passage*
- Vanderbilt Hall
- North End Access (Weekdays only, 6:30am-10:00am & 4:00pm-7:00pm)
- Lexington Passage (the subway entrance remains closed)
*These entrances are not subject to restricted opening hours.
TRAIN ARRIVALS & DEPARTURES
Metro-North weekday services are now arriving and departing from both the upper and lower level tracks.
All weekend services continue to operate from the upper level only.
Visit mta.info/mnr for the latest train service updates and schedules.