CROSS IT OFF YOUR BUCKET LIST!
Every time is the right time to visit Grand Central Terminal! This historic NYC landmark is not only a transportation hub—it’s a shopping, dining, and cultural destination with 60 shops, 35 places to eat, and a full calendar of events. Don’t forget that Grand Central’s many activities are all under one magnificent roof, making it an easy visit rain or shine.
Grand Central Terminal is open daily from 5:30am to 2:00am, however individual shop and restaurant hours may vary and we recommend you check the individual pages for each.
Located at the intersection of Park Avenue and 42nd Street (89 E. 42nd Street, to be exact!), Grand Central is easily accessible by foot, by subway, by bus, and by Metro-North train. For more information about how to get here, visit our transportation page, or scroll down to the map.
Please note that the Terminal does not offer luggage storage. Please plan ahead. For answers to more questions, visit our FAQ page.
We can’t wait for you to start your Grand Central adventure. All aboard!
PLAN YOUR VISIT &
THINGS TO DO
- Accessibility: The Terminal is accessible to visitors with disabilities. It has public elevators and ramps to help visitors get around without the use of stairs. Please check our directory for exact locations. The Terminal does not provide wheelchair rentals.
- Take a tour! You can see the most famous Terminal in the nation up close and personal on a grand tour. Learn more about our self-guided audio tour and our daily guided tours.
- Head upstairs if you’re looking for dinner under the stars at Cipriani Dolci or Michael Jordan’s The Steak House N.Y.C. or a cocktail at The Campbell.
- Head downstairs if you’re looking for a quick bite in the Dining Concourse. Shake Shack burger or a memorable meal at the historic Oyster Bar & Restaurant, anyone?
- Head to Grand Central Market if you’re looking for a unique shopping experience. Get all the ingredients for a great meal at local vendors like Murray’s Cheese, Eli Zabar’s Farm to Table, and Pescatore Seafood Company.
- Stop by the Information Booth in the Main Concourse for up-to-date information about the Terminal. While you’re there, pick up the latest directory map and special offers book to make the most of your visit.
The Holidays at Grand Central
There are many reasons why over 1 million people visit the Terminal every day during the holiday season from November to December. Visitors come to shop the annual Holiday Fair and The Shops at Grand Central, dine at one of Grand Central’s amazing restaurants and bars, or behold New York Transit Museum’s Holiday Train Show. The building is also decked out in holiday cheer including wreaths, garland, and festive lighting on the Pershing Square Viaduct on 42nd Street.
Share your Experience
Head to TripAdvisor to share your experience with us or read other reviews and tips from recent visitors. We’re proud to be recipients of the 2017 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Award and Certificate of Excellence, and we take our reviews seriously. If you have a question, we’ll get back to you, we promise!
GRAND CENTRAL TERMINAL
89 East 42nd Street
New York, NY 10017More About Transportation »
Grand Central is just one of several stops on the Destination Midtown app. New York City’s top attractions present a beautiful, interactive tour guide to Manhattan’s most exciting neighborhood: Midtown. Featuring step-by-step walking tours of NYC’s most famous blocks, Destination Midtown is your perfect companion to all the best landmarks, museums, restaurants, and shops.